Your driver's job is to get you to your destination quickly and safely. But your driver also has the responsibility of making your trip as comfortable as possible, This treatment will help you determine how much you should tip your driver.
How Much Does a Taxi Driver Expect?
This varies from country to country, but to be safe, just know that the general tip for a taxi driver is anywhere between 10 to 15 percent.
Signs of a Good Taxi Driver
The following are just some ways that you can tell that your driver is going above and beyond:
- Your taxi driver acts like a tour guide, suggesting places to visit and the best times to avoid traffic or excessive crowds. A good driver might even tell you where to get good yet inexpensive food.
- The driver does his or her best to get you out of traffic jams or other traffic delays to get you to your destination quickly. Remember that the driver should inform you of any diversion, and you can either agree or disagree.
- Your driver starts talks to you, is friendly, and creates an overall pleasant experience.
- When you are not prepared, he or she might offer you an umbrella when it's raining; this is a sign that he or she deserves a little more than the minimum amount.
Cab Driver No-No's
You should understand that you have just hired a taxi driver and an experience. The following are just a few reasons to tip your driver the minimum or not at all:
- A taxi driver should not be distracted as he or she drives. Distractions could be anything from a magazine or a cell phone.
- Drives unsafely, which could mean things like he or she is not paying attention to the rules of the road.
- The driver does not help you put your luggage in the cab or take it out for you once you get to your destination.
- You notice an unpleasant attitude or is simply impolite.
- The driver is not well-groomed or properly dressed.
- Doesn't answer your questions.
- Plays music that he or she likes without asking if you have a preference.
- Eats, drinks, or smokes while you are there.
As you can see, tipping your taxi driver is a lot easier having a clear grasp on what to expect from a good driver. For more specifics, talk to a taxi car service.